MicrosoftEDU offers a number of courses (click here ) on a range of topics/areas. Some courses teach you how to use specific tools (e.g. OneNote here) while others offer a broader perspective and teach how to incorporate technology in your teaching practice. The courses last between 1-3 hours.
Here are some courses that I, personally, found interesting and useful. There are many, many more.
If you have ever wondered why there is a need for ICT in teaching and/or if you personally teach in the 21st century environment, try 21st CENTURY LEARNING DESIGN and learn about 21st century skills and how to develop them.
Definitely, one of my favourite: a 1-hour BUILDING GLOBAL CITIZENS course teaching how to engage students in working together on real world problems.
As part of global citizenship, DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP is a crucial element of 21st centrury education. Learn about it in just 30 minutes. Learn about three pillars of digital citizenship and how to prepare your students for living in a digital society. Click the image to get there.
There is much more MicrosofEDU has to offer:
- Spend 90 minutes to learn about PROBLEM BASED LEARNING and how to encourage students’ critical thinking and collaboration while solving complex problems.
- See how ICT can be used in class to teach about small and big ideas.
- Take your students on a VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP with Skype.
- Choose from a number of webinars HERE.
- Watch quick tips videos HERE.
- Use MicrosofEDU resources HERE.